Diomed Developments Limited, and companies within the group controlled by Diomed Developments Limited (“Diomed”, “we” or “us”), are committed to protecting your privacy and personal information. The companies within the Diomed Group include:
- Dermal Laboratories Ltd
- Diomed Developments Ltd
- Aeropak (Chemical Products) Ltd
- Diomed Direct Ltd
- Our company websites including our individual brand websites
- Any of the Services accessible through those sites
By using Diomed websites, mobile applications or otherwise providing your personal information to Us, you agree to the collection, use, sharing and storage of that information in accordance with this Policy. Please read this Policy carefully and contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
We do not intend to collect data from minors under the age of 16 and we do not knowingly collect any data from minors. If you are under 16 years of age, please do not create an account with us or provide any information about yourself to us.
1. What is personal data?
Personal data is ‘any information relating to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified in particular by reference to an identifier.’ This may include name, location data (e.g. IP address), telephone number among others.
Data are considered to be ‘sensitive personal data’ if they relate to special categories such as health, genetic data, sexuality among others.
2. Data We Collect
We will only collect data from you where we have a legal basis to do so, or where you give us your explicit consent. Outlined below are the points of data collection, the data we collect and why we collect this data.
2.1 Data you actively provide to us
Places/instances where you might actively provide us with some of your personal data include, but are not limited to:
- Websites (via account creation, purchasing of goods)
- Contact forms
- Social media (see section ‘Social Media’ for further information)
- Competition entries
- Business contracts
- Reply Paid Cards
- Telephone calls
- Email (subscription to newsletters, direct email enquiries)
- Business Contacts
- Payment method (if purchasing goods from us)
- Applications for employment. Please see the Diomed Careers page in relation to prospective employees.
The types of personal data you may provide to us include, but are not limited to:
- Your name, address, e-mail address, telephone number or other contact details
- Your professional standing in order to access restricted information
- Your age and gender
- Any additional sensitive personal data that you choose to share with us for example when contacting us in relation to usage of a product we manufacture or sell
2.2 Data we may automatically collect from you
Places where we may automatically collect your personal data:
- Telephone calls
The type of data we may collect automatically from you:
- Internet Protocol (IP) address
- Browser information e.g. type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform
- Device information
- Login information and purchase history if you create an account with us
- Your navigation of our sites e.g. pages you click, products you view etc.
- The telephone number you use to contact us
3. How we use your data
We may process your personal data for a number of reasons, but we will always ensure we have a valid legal basis to do so.
Purposes for processing your personal data:
- Answering your questions or responding to your requests
- Advertising, marketing and public relations
- Accounts and records
- Fraud prevention
- To meet legal, regulatory, pharmacovigilance and compliance requirements, and in particular to respond to government authority requests for information
- Product monitoring
Where you provide us with personal data, we will use this data to:
- Provide you with information, goods or services that you have requested from us
- Provide you with information regarding other goods or services that are similar to those you have already enquired about or purchased
- Provide you with information on goods and services we believe may interest you. We will only contact you in these instances where you have given us permission to do so
- Perform a contract with you or pre-contractual steps requested by you
Where we collect personal data automatically from you, we will use this data to:
- Ensure our websites are functioning correctly and efficiently
- Ensure our websites are safe and secure
- Improve our websites to ensure information is presented in the most effective manner
- Measure the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you or others
- Deliver relevant advertising to you
4. How we share information
We never sell your personal data. However, we may disclose your personal data to third parties who we rely on to help us perform a variety of functions, such as (but not limited to):
- To fulfil the purpose for which you provided the information to us
- To our lawyers, auditors, tax advisors, accountants
- For the purpose of preventing fraud and reducing credit risk
- To regulatory authorities for example in order to monitor or report the effect of our products or for any other required reason
- If we are required to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation or request
- To protect the rights, property or safety of Diomed Development, our customers or others
- To third parties to whom we outsource functions such as data hosting, analytics, marketing, website management and maintenance, distribution or customer services. See section ‘Third Parties’ for further information.
5. How long we keep your personal data
We will take all reasonable steps to securely destroy or anonymise any data that is no longer required for any purpose and where we are no longer required to keep for any regulatory or legal reason.
6. How we protect your personal data
We take all reasonable steps to keep your personal data secure. We and our business partners and service providers have implemented technical, administrative and physical procedures designed to protect personal information from loss. We always do our best to protect your personal data and keep it secure and so we use strict procedures and policies when handling your data and to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We will process your personal data in accordance with the following six data protection principles. All personal data will be:
- Processed lawfully, fairly, and transparently
- Collected and processed for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes and not further processed in a manner that is incompatible with those purposes
- Adequate, relevant, and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which processed
- Accurate and in date and any inaccurate data rectified or erased without delay
- With regard to the reasons for processing, not kept for any longer than is necessary
- Processed in a way that ensures appropriate security
7. Third Parties
8. Social Media
9. Outside links
10. Your rights
Under the current data protection laws, you have the right to access, correct, request deletion or request restriction of our usage of your personal information. To protect your privacy, we may ask you to provide a suitable form of ID such as your passport or driving licence to verify your identity before taking any action in response to any request. We also work to ensure that we only hold information we have a legitimate reason for and that we only store this data for a suitable period of time.
It is important to be aware that if you were to request deletion of your data before we have completed our contractual obligations to you (e.g. delivered goods that you have ordered), we may be unable to fulfil your original request. It is also important to be aware that there may be some instances, for example if we have a legal obligation or some other legitimate reason, where we are unable to delete your data.
11. How to contact us